The following rules apply to all information and material posted on the MindLink.lv website and do not apply to the use of any other websites that may be accessed from MindLink.lv via external links.
These rules do not apply to any consulting or services rendered under an agreement signed between PricewaterhouseCoopers SIA or other PricewaterhouseCoopers entities and its client.
1. MindLink.lv – an interactive website located at mindlink.lv, nodoklis.lv and taxes.lv, where authorised users may access information on taxes and the business environment in Latvia in accordance with this Agreement and the published terms and conditions of MindLink.lv.
2. PwC – PricewaterhouseCoopers SIA, registration Nr.40003142793, legal address: Kr.Valdemāra iela 21-21, LV-1010, Rīga, Latvija, phone number: + 371 6709 4400.
3. The Client – an individual or company who is an authorised user of MindLink.lv.
4. Client account – the data received about the Client which is necessary to enable the administration of MindLink.lv:
5. Cookies – information sent by a MindLink.lv server to a user’s browser. The information stored in the cookie may be accessed by that server when the user returns to the website. A cookie may hold a wide variety of information, including the number of times the Client or user has accessed the site or opened a particular page. Activated cookies let PwC recognise the Client’s browser and provide the Client with certain additional opportunities. More detailed information on cookies available here - https://www.pwc.com/lv/en/home/cookie-information.html
6. Other PricewaterhouseCoopers firms:
6.1. Zvērinātu advokātu birojs “PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal”, registration No.90010364699;
6.2. PricewaterhouseCoopers Information Technology Services SIA, registration No.40003848862.
7. Subscription – a non-exclusive and non-assignable right for Clients to access MindLink.lv. MindLink.lv service also includes weekly news in e-mail..
8. Periods – the Client can choose a MindLink.lv subscription for 3, 6 or 12 months.
9. Levels – the Client can choose a Bronze or a Silver subscription.
9.1 The Silver level provides full access to content posted on MindLink.lv and the opportunity to ask questions that do not require any in-depth research and to receive answers within the subscription from PwC consultants.
9.2. The Bronze level provides limited access to content posted on MindLink.lv and answers to questions provided as additional advice for a fee.
9.3. The Trial access provides limited access to content posted on MindLink.lv and answers to questions provided as additional advice for a fee.
Details of the access rights to particular content are available on MindLink.lv site.
10. PwC only processes any received personal data in accordance with purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and the Personal Data Protection Act and other legal requirements.
11. In the process of administering MindLink.lv, PwC is allowed to receive information containing personal data either –
12. The personal data received is processed for the following purposes:
13. The personal data received can be processed by other PricewaterhouseCoopers companies for the purpose of informing the Client of services, products and opportunities offered by other PricewaterhouseCoopers companies unless the Client has unsubscribed from future notifications (the Client can unsubscribe at any time here: email@example.com).
14. The Client may request –
15. The Client may request the information indicated in Chapter 14 by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or PwC data protection specialists indicated here https://www.pwc.com/lv/en/privacy-statement.html. The Client may send the unsubscribe requests also to MindLink.lv contact person.
16. The Client may request deletion of their personal data processed by MindLink.lv by sending a request to email@example.com or directly to PwC data protection specialists by email indicated here https://www.pwc.com/lv/en/privacy-statement.html. PwC may refuse to delete any personal data that is necessary for enabling the administration of MindLink.lv.
17. The Client’s personal data will be stored for as long as it is necessary for the purposes stated in these rules.
18. If a Client acts on behalf of any other authorised users registered by their employer or provides PwC with information about those users, the Client guarantees that the Authorised representative of those users has received their consent for PwC to process their personal data. The Client is responsible for obtaining such consent and PwC is not required to verify this separately.
19. PwC is a separate and independent legal entity that operates within the PricewaterhouseCoopers network of member firms and controls the use of personal data received by MindLink.lv, including data transfer to other entities. Personal data sent by PwC will only be available to certain PwC employees who process requests made by the Client.
20. As an exception and only for the purposes stated in these rules, PwC may transfer personal data provided by the Client to MindLink.lv platform operator to ensure the integrity, continuity and administrator functions of the platform.
21. In the exceptional cases stated above, personal data are processed within the EU and are not transferred outside the EU / EEA countries or countries that do not provide adequate data protection.
22. Internal personal data protection rules developed according to EU standards are binding on all PricewaterhouseCoopers firms. All PricewaterhouseCoopers firms also provide the required technological solutions for protecting personal data in electronic form. However, it is not possible to fully protect from illegal actions taken by third parties aimed at acquiring electronically processed information, and therefore PwC does not take responsibility for such cases if reasonable safety measures are taken with respect to data processing.
23. Cookies are details the MindLink.lv server sends to your web browser. When a Client revisits MindLink.lv, the server can access cookies. The cookies used by MindLink.lv allow PwC to authenticate Client and to process statistics relating to how the website is used and which pages are visited. The enabled cookies allow PwC to recognise the Client’s browser and to provide Clients with certain options. The MindLink.lv website does not use third-party cookies.
24. If you want to revoke your consent to the placement of cookies, you can delete all the cookies stored in your browser and set up your browser to block the storage of cookies. By clicking on the Help button in your browser, you can find out how to prevent it from storing cookies and what cookies are stored, and delete them if you want to. But remember that without accepting certain cookies, you may be unable to properly use the features and services of the MindLink.lv website.
25. Information made available through MindLink.lv is for general guidance and relates to more common cases without specific features, therefore it has to be taken into account that the application of laws to a particular situation may vary widely according to the relevant facts and circumstances.
26. Information is made available through MindLink.lv on the understanding that it does not constitute legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or services rendered considering the specific circumstances of a Client or their company.
27. PwC is not responsible for any errors or omissions, nor for results obtained from relying on general information made available through MindLink.lv. PwC will not be liable for any use of information made available through MindLink.lv.
28. All content posted on MindLink.lv is PwC’s property protected by copyright law. If any such content is a third party’s property, the author is mentioned specifically.
29. The Client is permitted to prepare printouts of content posted on MindLink.lv for internal use at their company for the needs of its authorised users in relation to performance of their professional duties for the benefit of the company. Any other action, including but not limited to reproducing, copying and using such content for commercial purposes, is not permitted without PwC’s prior written consent.
30. Any Client using content made available through MindLink.lv for purposes allowed by these rules or copyright law, is required to refer to the author, PwC or another author mentioned in the article.
31. Each User is assigned a unique password that may be used only by that User and may not be handed over to other persons. If PwC discovers that a password is used by two or more persons, PwC may disable that password and deny access to MindLink.lv.
32. If PwC finds after allocating a password to the Client that PwC is unable to provide MindLink.lv services to the Client because of auditor independence or any other risk management restrictions binding on PwC, PwC reserves the right to deactivate the password and deny the Client access to MindLink.lv. No invoice issued in this case.
33. PwC will make all efforts to ensure the operation, quality and functionality of MindLink.lv. However, the Client agrees that PwC may be unable to guarantee the operation, quality and functionality of MindLink.lv at all times. Access by the company and authorised users to MindLink.lv may be cancelled, limited or delayed for any reason beyond PwC’s control. If access to MindLink.lv is disrupted for more than 7 (seven) consecutive days, then PwC will either reduce the amount billed to the Client or make a refund accordingly. The company agrees that PwC is released from the obligation to cover any resulting damages.
34. PwC may suspend the Client’s access to MindLink.lv or any content posted on MindLink.lv either fully or partly –
35. The Client and PwC undertake not to disclose to third parties any information received from each other that may be reasonably considered confidential, including but not limited to the Client’s usernames and passwords, without the prior written consent of the other party.
36. By accepting MindLink.lv passwords the Client agrees to pay a PwC invoice for using MindLink.lv on or before the date specified on the invoice.
37. If a PwC invoice remains unpaid within 14 days after it is issued, PwC may deactivate the Client’s subscription and Users’ passwords and deny access to MindLink.lv.
38. If the Client has delayed the payment of the invoice for 3 months, PwC is entitled to pass the case to the debt recovery partner and to deliver the unpaid Client invoice for debt recovery.
39. The invoices are prepared electronically and are valid without signature.
40. The Client receives an email reminder or an announcement on MindLink.lv site not later than 15 days before the subscription period end. After the subscription period ends, the subscription period is automatically extended for the same subscription level and the same number of months, if Client has not expressed wish to change the subscription level or close the subscription.
41. If, as a result of PwC's internal procedures and risk assessment, the purchase of a MindLink.lv subscription by a company or individual is not approved, we reserve the right to cancel such registration. In such situation we will notify the contact person within 2 working days.
It’s your choice to accept these or not. You can either click the 'I accept all’ button below or use the switches to choose and save your choices.
These cookies are necessary for the website to operate. Our website cannot function without these cookies and they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
These cookies allow us to measure and report on website activity by tracking page visits, visitor locations and how visitors move around the site. The information collected does not directly identify visitors. We drop these cookies and use Adobe to help us analyse the data.
These cookies help us provide you with personalised and relevant services or advertising, and track the effectiveness of our digital marketing activities.